- Hit the gym first thing, so that was out of the way.
- Picked up my cooled confit, headed to R's place.
- Cheered on YOOOOOUR UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS as they barely eked out a narrow win over powerhouse Missouri. I think the final was 31-10. Welcome to the SEC, punks!
- Consumed duck confit. It was a bit... indifferent, and a little tough, frankly. Huh. We prepared another batch, which we had salted the night before, this time using duck fat and a little more heat. We looked forward to noshing on this later in the day.
- Cheered on the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame, our noble lady of suffering, as they squared off against Michigan. Michigan had come back to win this matchup in the last 60 seconds for three consecutive meetings, so we kept our fingers and toes crossed that the Golden Domes could hold them off and rightfully claim mocking rights... which they did! Welcome to the ACC, punks! ...er... sort of.
- MH and a friend visiting from LA (we will, for the sake of this blog, refer to her as 2-ey), as well as CJ from Roseville, popped over to enjoy Rafi's wings, and we quickly crisped up the duck skin on the legs confit which had been cooking all day. AND THEY WERE AWESOME. Turns out that the duck fat is NOT, in fact, interchangeable with olive oil. We have retained the duck fat, and will strain it to cook more duck. Yum! Everyone decided they were delicious.
- We all trooped over to watch the Anti-Cooperation League, our local improv troupe. We laughed loud and long, and now I wanna PLAY....
- We stopped by a restaurant whose name eludes me so that the gals could indulge in a dessert crepe. It was, by all accounts, delicious, so I wish I could recommend the place.
- We sauntered back to R's place, and finished off the evening playing a board game wherein you have to come up with words that fit categories. It was not the world's greatest game, but I did manage to win, so it's pretty much the world's greatest game.
...and all of this was in ONE DAY.
I love these people.
Tomorrow, (even more) ADVENTURE!! :)